Monday, April 21, 2008

Work Day at Grandpa and Grandma Modrow's

This past Saturday we had a work day at my grandparents' house. Quite a few of my mom's siblings and their spouses came to help out.

Jason and my cousin Nick replaced some of the hostas with some new evergreen bushes. (At least I think that's what they were!)


Nick getting down and dirty

"Work, slave, work!"

I think Dad is hooking up the hose or something. I don't really know - I was just trying to get pictures of a bunch of people doing different jobs!

Mom suctioned out the leaves from around the evergreen groundcover. That's Grandma in the foreground, by the way.

Grandpa got the nice job of riding around "sweeping" - picking up the leaves we raked and taking them to the burn pile.

I made sure I handed the camera to Faith later on so that I could prove that I really was there working - not just taking pictures!

We did a LOT of raking that morning. The hardest part was raking the gravel out of the grass by the road that the snow plow had pushed there. I wonder if I was the only one with sore shoulders...?


Aunt Denise

Aunt Tammy

Rick, Kim and Gary hung blinds on the sreened in porch and removed some of the plastic covering that is there over the winter.

I know there was even more that was accomplished that I didn't capture on the camera, but I couldn't be everywhere at once.
When we were done working we grilled out and had a yummy lunch and visited for awhile.
Then my family and I headed out to the campground for another work day out there! Whew, was I ever ready for bed at the end of the day!


No comments: