Friday, April 18, 2008

Little answers to prayer

It seems strange to me to post something without including pictures, but Mom said I should put this on the blog. So...
A couple of days ago I was riding my bike downtown by the river when suddenly the gears started making weird noises and I couldn't pedal. I looked down and to my chagrin, saw that a bunch of discarded fishing line had become tangled in my chain and all around the gears.
I crouched down and tried to unwind it, but it was pretty hopeless. And as I'm sure you know, fishing line is impossible to break with your bare hands!
As I endeavored disentangle it, I was thinking that I was going to have to push my bike all the way home and what a pain that would be.
I sighed and said, "Lord, right about now it'd be really nice if you'd send somebody with scissors or something to help me get this stuff off." Just a simple, short little prayer....
About a minute later a man walked by and got into a truck. As he was pulling away, he rolled down his window and asked, "Hey, do you need a knife?"
Of course I responded with a grateful, "Yes!"
He handed me a pocket knife, waited while I cut the line loose and then disposed of it for me. Then I was off on my merry way.
I know that many people would say that it was mere coincidence and not a big deal, but to me it was a demonstration of God's love. It just blesses me so much to know that not only does He hear the big, important prayers, but the little ones as well.
It put a smile on my face, just knowing that my God hears the words I say and delights in answering! Such a simple thing...but such a blessing. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool!
God is awesome-

*rach

Gretchen said...

Isn't it wonderful that God cares just as much about the little things as the big ones? What a good reminder that God pays attention to every word and prayer and thought.