Wednesday, April 9, 2008

New Life

I love this time of year. I've always enjoyed all of the seasons, but there's something special about spring.
As I was thanking God for all the new signs of life around me, I thought of that verse in Revelation 21:5 "Behold, I make all things new..."
Spring is a reminder to me of how God works. I know these musings aren't terribly original, but it's what He's been blessing me with lately.


All of our flowers appear to be dead during the winter months, but as spring arrives, they start poking their way up through the ground. The old has gone, new has come. "See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you." Isaiah 42:9


I think the reason I love this time of year is because of how it reminds me that God can take something that was dead and bring it to life. He makes all things new - and that includes us. He takes our broken dreams and replaces them with His dreams; He mends hurts and heals hearts. My God makes ALL things new!



I looked up the words 'all' and 'new' in the original Greek and found that new means 'fresh' and the word for 'all' encompassed a number of words including 'every, the whole, anyone, always and daily'.
I love that. God makes everything and anyone new and fresh - daily!

I am so grateful that God gives us signs and reminders of His love for us.


He is so good! Looking around me, I can't help but feel this joy welling up within me so strongly that I can't hold it inside anymore.

"This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is because of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:21 -23



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous flowers! I wish we had some blooming, but there are none so far in our yard.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we serve the Living God!
I love spring too. ;)
The pictures are beautiful.

-beck

Gretchen said...

Lovely pictures and scriptures! Thanks for sharing your word study.

Anonymous said...

Hey Melody!
Thanks for the info about my blog!
I don't know what's up with that it worked fine the other day. Oh well I'll look into it!
P.S. I really liked this post!
Crik