Saturday, April 26, 2008

Texas, Part 2

Grandma Joy has been doing so well! This morning we all went out to Wal-Mart in her new car that Amy and Bill bought on Thursday. They got it at a great price because there was a huge hailstorm down here last week and all the cars have these dents on them. They said some of the hailstones were the size of softballs!
I snapped a few pictures of the long horn cows out in the pasture right over our fence. I admit, I actually climbed over the backyard fence (it's pretty low) to get some of the pictures. Don't worry, I didn't get too close. There was a very large bull out there and I didn't want to make him angry!


When Amy and Bill first moved in here, they said one of the steers was standing right in their driveway. I guess here in Texas there's a law that says that cattle have the right of way, so if you want them to stay out of your yard, you're responsible for putting up a fence! (which they did)

There are also two very pretty horses in the same pasture as the cows. I had to wait until they came close enough to take their picture.

This is Buffy - she and Bobo (the blue parrot) are quite talkative. They love bananas which they hold with their claws and scoop out the inside with their tongues.


These parrots can be very noisy - especially early in the morning when they're ready to eat! (even if the rest of us are still in bed sleeping!) They're so funny, though. They talk to each other and say things like, "Hey, there! Want some? Ummm, it's good!", "Settle down! Relax! Be nice!", and "Hello, hello". They also have a favorite song that they dance to, which is quite amusing.

These are Amy and Bill's two dogs, Sissy (the brown one) and Lulu (the black one). They're quite the characters as well. This morning I heard them snuffling around and licking our bedroom door, trying to wake me up to take them outside.
They love their "Scooby Snacks", and here they're sitting obediently waiting for Grandma to give them each one. They're such little beggars - they'll sit there and watch you eat, hoping you'll feel sorry for them and share some of whatever you're munching on. It's hard to resist those pleading puppy eyes!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girls!
I'm glad to see that your Grandma is doing so well! Its fun seeing what you two are up to also!
I know it has only been two days but I really miss you (what am I going to do for the next three weeks?).
Love you!
Crik