Saturday, May 10, 2008

Yard Work

Yesterday Bill had us go and buy some flowers to plant in the front and back of the house. It was fun picking out a variety of plants, but it wasn't easy making up our minds on what to actually purchase!



It sure was a hot day to be working outside.



Time to break up that soil!


I wish I could remember all the names of the plants, but I was more concerned with whether they were shade or sun loving plants and if they were perennials or not.



Such bright, pretty colors!



Now for a good soaking...



Ready....aim....


But Faith, I thought you said you were hot?!


I wish I chould see what the flowers will look like in a few weeks when they have gown a little more.

But even this much is an improvement!

Isn't it weird how you start seeing different things as potential "blog posts"? Faith and I have both noticed that when we're taking pictures!


The dogs had to get in on the fun too!

They didn't want to hold still in the wheelbarrow, but I ran and got their dog treats and had them "sit...stay...." and that worked quite well. Made for a cute picture too!


We thought we'd put this picture on too to show how we were working hard while Bill was relaxing on the deck with a cool drink...
Okay, okay, I wouldn't want y'all to get the wrong idea. Actually, Bill had been working outside most of the morning and afternoon and by the time Faith and I started planting flowers, he was ready for a well-deserved break!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't planting flowers great? I can tell you have made the yard cheerier by your hard working hands.