Friday, May 30, 2008

Shopping!

On Tuesday we had a shopping day in Rockford. The original purpose was to purchase supplies at Sam's for the Hospitality Room for the up-coming ICHE convention.






Since we don't have a Sam's card, our friends, the Kalebaughs, loaned us theirs. We decided that it would be fun to make it a "girl day" and do some fun things as well.




On the way up we played the card game "Scum". It was interesting trying to shuffle and deal out the cards without a hard playing surface!


First stop, JC Penney Outlet store. Faith and I had never used these long hooks to get hard to reach items off the racks. It wasn't easy trying to find the correct size you needed and grab that particular one!





I had the idea that we should try to find items of clothing that totally did not match and then put them on and model them for each other. Faith and Rachel declined, but Becky and Crystal joined me in the silliness.






Oh, my!




Well, what do you think? Will we start a new fashion trend?

I bet we'd never catch Becky in these type of pants in any other situation!

We had so much fun laughing at each other.



I wonder what the clerk working in the women's dressing room thought....



Without the clashing jacket, my dress really was quite pretty.





I'm not a big spender. I actually only purchased two shirts there.



The next stop was Cherry Valley Mall. After stopping at the food court for lunch (most of us had Chicken Teryaki), we wandered around and did some more shopping.



I've always like Barnes and Noble; I could spend hours in there...



This was a huge bear that you could sign up to win. I didn't enter the drawing - where would I put such an enormous stuffed animal??!!




Crystal and I had fun trying on sunglasses at Claire's. These were far too big - they dwarfed our faces! I don't know why, but they make me think of Mickey Mouse...



Crystal and I both liked a particular shirt, but they didn't have my size. She said she'd wear hers and think of me!



After a couple of hours at the mall, we headed over to Sam's to shop for the snack items for the Hospitality Room.

Wow, I don't usually purchase such large quantities of these things!


Before we drove home we stopped at Coldstone Creamery for some ice cream.



We went to our first one with Gretchen and Nate Sisson, and now we're hooked. Good thing Dixon doesn't have one or we'd be splurging far more often!


We had a great time shopping and hanging out with our friends. Thank you to the Kalebaughs for making it such a fun day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! You girls look like you had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey you beat me to blogging our fun day! I'm really glad you guys came with! We will have to do it again sometime.
Crik

Anonymous said...

Don't forgoet about Aunt T and Mom.
They made the trip back hilarious

Anonymous said...

When I read things like this, I REALLY wish I had a sister(s)!! Glad you enjoyed your day :-)

Gretchen said...

Looks like fun, and I loved your hilarious pictures! I suppose those sunglasses would be flattering to somebody . . . I just can't think who!