Thursday, May 15, 2008

Birds of a Feather?

Here's a few pictures of BoBo and Buffy that I took while their cage was outside being cleaned.



They were in a playful mood and as Faith played the piano in the other room, they started 'dancing' to the music. I thought the song, "I'll Fly Away", was quite appropriate.









I finally was able to catch them talking and record it. Some of their words are hard to understand unless you've been around them awhile. They say "Sit, Stay, Come up! Gimme a kiss (and make kissing noises), C'mere, hello and good-bye."




These are just a few of the things that they say, but I couldn't get everything on video.






After the cage was cleaned, Faith and I thought we'd take the place of the parrots. Notice the matching shirts?

What do you think, would we make good pets?

I'm afraid I wouldn't like the parrot food, but I bet we'd talk on command and more frequently than Buffy and BoBo do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melody you thought my sisters were being weird on our blog...
I can't believe you got Faith to do something unusual!
Crik

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! I was able to easily identify the macaws, but what variety are those other two?
They may have a larger vocabulary than Buffy and BoBo, but can they sleep sitting on a rod and eat while holding the food with their foot? ;)
-Martha

Anonymous said...

P.S.
I decided those other two might make good pets after all. Instead of bird food I could feed them asparagus!!! :)
-Guess Who

The Hemmers said...

We do have a pretty good vocabulary and I'll let you in on a little secret...I can eat my food with my feet! Just for the novelty of it, I once held my spoon with my toes; it wasn't easy, but I managed.
~Melody