Friday, May 2, 2008

Nursing


Last night, I felt like a nurse on a battlefield --
tearing strips of cloth, bandaging my suffering patient,
making her a pallet to lay on, brushing her hair back from her face,
and helping her get situated as comfortably as possible in bed.

Many of you know that Mel has been miserable with poison ivy for the last week.
She has it all over her arms, a little on her stomach and her back,
and one spot between her toes.
Her arms are swollen and itchy to the point where she can't really bend them much.
She bought some special soap and put some ointment on last night,
and we wrapped her arms in strips of an old sheet to protect them as she sleeps.
It did help, and she was able to get more sleep last night,
so we'll probably do that again tonight.


Here's a picture of my patient all wrapped up.


I'm not posting a picture of her arms uncovered. The don't look very nice!

We thought that might not be good idea on this family-friendly blog.
Please pray she heals quickly!

3 comments:

The Sisson Clan said...

Oh Melody, we will be praying for you! I understand the itchy thing . . . . sometimes if you take an ice cube and just it gently rub it over the itchiest spots it kind of numbs them! Hope you are feeling better SOON.

Gretchen said...

Awww, poor thing! I haven't had P.I. yet - hope I never do! We'll be praying, that's miserable.

The Hemmers said...

Thank you - and it is starting to get a little bit better I think. It's not quite so itchy today. I think the Tecnu is working - and all the prayers!