Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Jason's Birthday

Yesterday was Jason's 24th birthday. Doesn't he look thrilled? Actually he was being weird and making faces while I was trying to get a picture of him, so this is what gets posted.
First the curly ribbon went on top of his head...
then one of his new shirts...
and his next presents went in his ears. That's my brother for you!
Two of the dvds we ordered for him had not arrived yet, so Melody made up some notes for him to unwrap. He thought she'd given him an empty box (I wouldn't put it past her!) because it was so light.
After Jason finished opening his gifts, I had a turn. No, we do not share a b-day. Mom wanted to give me one of my presents early so I could wear it to the convention we are attending this weekend.
I don't think Jason minded too much since he wouldn't really want to wear my gift.
You know how people sometimes bring siblings a gift when they attend a birthday party so the other children don't feel left out...
Melody jokingly commented the other day that she needed a present too, so I bought one of her favorite things for her--chocolate!
Since his birthday dinner was so yummy and filling, we waited a while to have dessert. His choice was white chocolate chip cranberry cake and Fannie May Mint Meltaway ice cream.
My siblings were taking silly pictures of themselves, but I'll only post a couple of the nicer ones! ;-)
Aww...aren't they cute?

Happy birthday, Jase! We love you!

9 comments:

crik said...

Like the sibling pic! Looks like some that we have. :) Except we are all girls... ;)

theTwins said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
J and M remind me of Rach and Criky... A LOT!

The Capp Crew said...

Happy birthday Jason ! We just finished celebrating Sarah's and thougtht I would check out your blog . Hope you had a great day .

Simply Tiffany said...

Am I right in guessing that the convention this weekend is the ICHE one? Part of my family is up there attending it! Unfortunately we weren't all able to attend, but Jessica will be excited to see y'all!

Loved the pictures! :)

Danielle said...

Happy Late Birthday!

The Hemmers said...

Yes, Tiffany, it was the ICHE convention. We enjoyed seeing your parents and sisters! Wish you could have been there too!

~Faith

Anonymous said...

Thank you all!

~the gambill gals~ said...

A Belated Happy Birthday Jason. Jaimie really liked your pics. She loves your blog because you have great silly pics!

Thanks for the joy you give her.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the blog comment - I appreciate it! This is a REALLY fun post you have here, makes me smile! :D