Thursday, June 11, 2009

ICHE Convention

Last weekend we attended the ICHE convention in Naperville. We were too busy to get many pictures, so I used a couple from other blogs as well.

I don't have any pictures of Mom, Dad, and Mel at their jobs. Melody was in charge of the Hospitality Room. The speakers and volunteer workers could go there to get their snacks and meals. Dad and Mom ran the Oasis which was a place for people relax and receive advice from veteran homeschoolers.

Jason worked at the recording table most of the time.
I ran errands and helped out at a speaker's table along with Megan and Elli. We look really busy, don't we?
This year Melody was asked to speak in one of the evening workshops. She shared how God has led her through each of her artistic endeavors. Throughout the years, He gave her one step at a time, and she did not even realize that He was preparing her for the next opportunity to use her gifts for him. At the end of the session, she gave a chalk talk.
The verse she used was Proverbs 3:5-6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart...and He will direct your paths."
When the blacklight picture was revealed, Jesus was pointing to the path.
I know other people were blessed by her session because I was one of them!
Melody and I were asked to play prelude music before a few of the keynote sessions.
I loved playing on that grand!
This was Miss Alaina's first convention, and everybody loved talking to her and holding her. As you can see from the picture, she likes her fingers! Gretchen graciously allowed me to be the baby-holder during one of the workshops she attended. I sure enjoyed it!!!!
I had to lean over a desk to get this picture of her, so that's why the angle is weird. She was so cute sleeping with her thumb in her mouth that I had to post it!
Two pretty ladies, Helena and Melody, getting in some visiting time.
The thing I love most about the convention is working alongside special friends!

3 comments:

The Capp Crew said...

It was alot of fun!! Nice to be able to see everyone again! :)

Helena said...

I was in this blog twice!! :feels special: Loved seeing you girls for three whole days in a row. :)

Gretchen said...

Wow, we made the blog! Alaina got to where she really enjoyed all the attention, and it was wonderful to take notes with hand free for a session. ;-) BTW, the silly pictres are great too!