Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spring Is Here!

I love the way our yard looks during spring!
It's always so encouraging to see new life and growth after the long, cold winter!

Our baby irises are right outside the back door.
As I teach each day, this is the view from the window!
Each year I try to decide which color I like best--the variegated...
...the bright yellows
...or the brilliant reds.
I think I've finally decided that I can't pick a favorite! I love all the cheerful colors!
I took these pictures of our grape hyacinths right after it rained so I could catch the water droplets.
The handiwork of God!

3 comments:

theTwins said...

pretty pretty pretty!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! It's fun to see that you a little ahead of us northerners!
Blessings,
The Pollocks

Gretchen said...

Wow, great pictures! At this time of year, we're all so excited to see color, we have to share, don't we. ;-) Grape Hyacinths are some of my favorites. I love blue flowers. - GJ

(Does anyone know why purple flowers are called "blue"? And why is orange hair called "red"? It's a strange world.)