Monday, January 5, 2009

Do-It-Yourself Messiah

This post is a little late, but better late than never, right?
The Monday before Christmas, Melody and I attended the Do-It-Yourself Messiah in Chicago. We went with a group of about 70 people. That day was one of the coldest days we've had this winter, but we huddled together while waiting for the train and kept somewhat warm!
We had a car to ourselves, and our bunch was quite talkative!On the way there, the guys claimed the upper level.
Dawn and Beth B. and Melody
Amber and I
Our destination, the Lyric Opera House, was only a short walk from the train station.
We sang Christmas carols while waiting for the doors to open.
The building was beautiful!
Amber and I climbed the stairs to the 3rd balcony before the Messiah began. We had seats on the main floor close to the stage.
Melody sang in the soprano section.
Amber and I joined the altos.
This was a first for Mel and I, and we really enjoyed lifting our voices with 3,000 others!
The soloists, conductor, and orchestra...
Thanks for letting us tag along with you, Amber! It was definitely a highlight of this year's Christmas season!

9 comments:

theTwins said...

Fun, fun!
(you're brave, 'cuz I wouldn't sing even if there were 3,000 others there to cover me up)

The Capp Crew said...

Looks like alot of fun! My family and I did that last year, and were planning to attend this year, but it didn't work out. I think my favorite part from last year was running into people we knew. :)

Amber D.M. said...

I'm really glad that you were able to go with me this year. It was so fun to have to "sisters" with me, especially since Shannon and Alice couldn't make it after all.

Love you, dearies!
~ Amber

Anonymous said...

It sounds wonderful!
Maybe next year you will let us tag along with you! :D
~the Pollock family

Simply Tiffany said...

Oh! It was such a wonderful trip! I was so excited to find out that y'all were going to be there! It was nice to see more pictures of the evening! I hope y'all had a wonderfully merry Christmas and are enjoying this new year!

Wolfgang and Lauren said...

I am glad to have heard about this--it sounds wonderful!! I hope you had a Happy New Year!
L

The Hemmers said...

We were especially glad we went this year because there was some talk about this being the last year.

If they continue the Messiah next year, we'll let you know about it, Pollocks!

Capps- It would have been fun seeing you guys again. I wish you could have made it this year.

Tiffany- I just wish we'd had more time to visit and get to know one another! Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Hey Lauren! Our first comment from you! Welcome to blogger land! I've been on your blog a couple times already--keep the posts coming. =)

crik said...

Looks like lots of fun! Especially for someone who can sing! ;) I bet that sounded sooo cool! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Melody,
Thanks for the hair style book title! :-) ~ Kristen