Monday, December 22, 2008

Girls' Party

The first Saturday in December is our annual Girls' Party. This get-together was started years ago by my grandma, her 5 daughters, and 1 daughter-in-law. The group now includes the next generation, and we join when we turn 16 or marry into the family.

My cousin's wife, Danielle, hosted the party for the first time this year, and her house was decorated beautifully for Christmas!
Aunt Kim made the festive tableclothes and centerpieces.
Visiting while we wait for everyone to arrive...Mom, Aunt Tammy, Grandma, and me. After our yummy brunch, we headed downstairs to open our gift from our "Secret Sister".
My cousin, Heather, couldn't make it from Florida this year, but she mailed Melody's present to Dani shortly before the party. Mel received a journal, gel pens, and some really neat scrapbooking books!
Melody's gift to my cousin was a pencil drawing of Therese and her fiance', Dan. Therese loved it, and everyone oohed and aahed over the picture.
Therese had me, and she gave me some warm, fuzzy socks (quite appropriate for me!) and some items from Bath and Body Works.

Mom and I both gave a book of Christmas stories to our Secret Sisters (Aunt Nanette and Aunt Jan). We've collected these stories ever since I was little, and we enjoy reading out of our book so much that we are now passing the stories on to other people.

Denise, Shawna, and Aunt Jan My cousin, Kristen, had Mom, and she made her cement stepping stones for the flower garden which she decorated with pretty stones.
We had dessert after opening our gifts and visited some more before heading home. Thanks, Dani, for hosting the party this year!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Oh how fun! I just love seeing different people's Christmas festivities and traditions!

Danielle said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! :) What neat gift ideas too, do you have a picture of the drawing she did?

crik said...

Looks like fun! :)
Melody's pictures turned out so pretty! Do you have a close up shot to post??? I bet other people would like to see it!