Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Swimming party at the Waasdorp's


Last Saturday, the Waasdorps invited a whole group of us out for
swimming, food, and fellowship.
Do I look ready to take on the pool?
It was only in the upper 70's that day, and I normally don't swim when it's that cool,
so I was showing my strength of will.
No, I don't need water wings anymore,
but they make for great biceps (if you have them turned the right way)!
Here are some of the first to brave the cool water.
Tosca W., Crystal K., Samantha W., and Becky K.

They were pretending like they were in jail.
Shayna W. and me
Jordan had decided he wasn't swimming, but the guys didn't agree with him.
He tried to make a break for it into the woods.
The girls lined up to watch the show.
Eventually he was caught. I guess he figured he'd have to come out sometime.
The captive struggled but was led to his fate with no help from any of his friends.
I think he's thrown too many people in the pool himself for any of us to have pity on him!
Jason really enjoyed returning the favor from a few weeks ago
when Jordan and another guy threw him in clothes, shoes and all.
At least Jordan was in his swimsuit!
Not cold is it?
Next on the agenda was the water balloon toss.
Hiram Zigler and his mom, Kathy, watched from the comfortable couch inside.
I think he was wanting to get in on the action though.
Tosca and Bristol Waasdorp Zeb Zigler and Molly Waasdorp
I think Jason just barely saved this one.
He and Jordan were able to throw it all the way across the yard.
On to the water fight!

Is the water cold, Jason? Some of the dads stood by this cooler and lobbed the balloons into the air letting them splash on the ground and hit whoever was near.
Mel saved a surprise for Jordan and waited until he was busy eating until she gave it to him.
How's that for a look of determination and satisfaction?
It may look like this guy was being picked on all night,
but he is usually the instigator in anything having to do with water.
One thing that he's learning about Mel is that she always repays in kind or worse,
and she usually gets him when he least expects it.
Kaleb enjoyed the swing set and slide since he couldn't go in the pool.
As a side note, please pray for him. He has already had his arm re-set once,
and they just found out it is still not healing correctly.
The doctor will most likely have to set it with surgery this time.
Molly didn't want her picture taken, but Mel trapped her.
Joy Zigler
Two friends having fun
Oops, did you bump heads?
Mel and Beck
Sam W.,Crystal, and Dawn L.

Our bean bag game has been making the rounds recently.
John Zigler and Kurt Lee
Victory!
John and Kathy Z. were the champs of the evening.
I don't think this tractor is going anywhere, but just in case it does, Kaleb is prepared.
Hiram again with his cute smile!
Wraya W., Gabrielle L., and Zoe Z. right side up
and upside down!
I don't think you need the sunglasses anymore, girls. Did you notice the sun is setting?
It was a fun afternoon and evening, but now I think it must be time for bed.
Kathy is getting a little tired, Rachel. Carry her to the car.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Wow, I'm having a hard time imagining it being too cold to swim! Summer finally kicked in down here - boy is it HOT!

We used our bean bag game on the 4th, it must be in vogue at the moment! It was great fun (even though I think it took me a half an hour before I finally made my first point)!

crik said...

This was so much fun! I'm glad you guys got to come to this one!
By the way, nice pictures... :)