Monday, July 14, 2008

Face Masks

On Friday we went to the Kalebaugh's house to do face masks. None of us has ever tried it before, so the Kalebaughs bought some so we could see what it was like.

Each of us had a different kind. Becky's was a Dead Sea Rejuvinating mask, Faith's was Almond Apricot, Crystal tried a strawberry one, and mine (surprise, surprise - very appropriate!) was chocolate!

Faith wasn't quite sure she wanted to participate, but she gamely went along with it. It really felt strange smearing what felt like mud all over your face!

Rachel wasn't going to join us so they didn't buy her a mask, but we decided that she couldn't get out of it. So we all gave her a little bit of ours and the end result seemed to suit her personality!

I'm afraid we all looked rather scary - Faith thought she looked like a white-faced clown!

The different scents were interesting. Becky's smelled like shaving cream!

The directions said that we had to leave the masks on until they dried, so we went outside to relax and enjoy the sunshine before we washed our faces.

We got to laughing as we thought about the reactions of people if they suddenly pulled up to the house....

The sun felt lovely, but I had to keep swatting the bugs away from my face. I guess they were attracted to the chocolate smell!

Rachel reminded me of someone in full combat gear with the camoflage makeup and everything.

The masks felt really strange as they were drying. There were little cracks around our mouths and eyes from smiling.

Plenty of pictures and lots of laughter....

I guess we were a little close - Becky's and Crystal's rubbed off on my face! I decided that I was just a mixture of white and dark chocolate.



Thanks, girls for the planning a fun afternoon!

We looked rather silly, but we definitely enjoyed spending time with our friends.

I am often reminded of how blessed I am to have so many special relationships. I never want to take my friends for granted or forget to tell them how much I appreciate them.
"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival." - C. S. Lewis

3 comments:

crik said...

Very cool quote!
Hey any time you want to do another girls day let us know! It was so much fun having you over!

Amber said...

LOL! You girls are a riot! Too fun!

Anonymous said...

looks like fun! I really like that quote by C. S. Lewis at the end :-)