Monday, March 24, 2008

English Country Dancing
















Last Friday evening, we drove about two hours down to Bloomington for an English Country Dance.















A friend of ours organizes a dance once a month, and we have gone several times in the past year.



















It's been fun making new friends as well as getting some excercise and learning something new. One of the things I like about it is that whole families come to dance.














We aren't very good yet, but at least we know the terms now.




I enjoy dancing with my brother, but it was even more fun watching him dance with this adorable little four year old. She was just too cute and it was impressive how many of the terms she understood; she really knew what she was doing!


















Okay, don't ask me why he's looking at me like that...I have no idea. Jason can be quite the character as many of you well know! Maybe we're trying to waltz...something that neither of us are good at!



I think Mr. Hedding must have twirled one too many times.




















He doesn't seem to know who he is....!
I don't know whose idea it was to stick everybody's name tags on him, but he left them there for the remainder of the evening.

After the dance ended at 10:00, we went back the King's house for more food and games. We learned a new game which was a combination of Taboo and Charades. It was really fun!

















I think Kelli is trying to decide how she is going to act out this next word....




















If I remember correctly, Jill is trying to get us to say "Queen Elizabeth".

All in all, it was quite a fun evening. The only part Faith didn't like too well was getting home at 2:00 in the morning because she likes her sleep. It was worth it though!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Fun, fun! It's been a while since I've been to a bloomington dance. Next time you're going you'll have to let me know. Maybe K. and I can make it up.

Loved the pictures as usual!

Jase said...

That would be great if you and Kyle could make it up for one! I'm not very good and thankfully the pictures don't show that! :)
Jason H

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry to have missed this dance!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Thanks Melody for giving me this its really awsome. Looks like you guys have alot of fun together. Well i need to get going so yeah i'll talk to u tomorrow i guess see ya

Karissa