Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Melody's birthday

Melody's birthday was in early November, and she decided she wanted to go ice skating.
We found a place in the Quad Cities and invited some friends to join us.
It was a trick getting our laces adjusted just right.
Mel with Katie W. and Helena B.
L. to R. -- Rachel K. Emily W, Rachel W, Katie W, Ava B, me, Helena B, Becky K, Mel, and Crystal K.

This was only my second time skating, but I didn't have any mishaps. :)
Rach
Except for a few figure skaters and their coaches, we had the entire rink to ourselves! We could switch directions and try skating backwards without worrying about running into people.
The birthday girl
Beck
Twins taking a rest.
Katie, Ava, and Helena
Sisters and best friends!
Mel and Crystal
It was a really fun afternoon!
After skating for a couple hours, we went to our new favorite restaurant, Noodles and Company.
Amber M. joined us for lunch.
It was quite yummy, but some of us needed to take it home.
Rachel and Melody used their chopsticks for more than just eating.
The other girls headed home, but a few of us went to Whitey's ice cream for dessert.
Back at home, we made Melody's birthday dinner.
Wild rice, chicken wrapped in pastry dough with pepperjack cheese in the middle, and corn and peas with cream cheese sauce.
Mint Chocolate Cheesecake for dessert!

Mel loves her chocolate!
Pretty girl with her pretty new scarf!
We love you, Miss!

7 comments:

Abigail said...

Happy Birthday, Melody! I miss you! I didn't know that you knew the Bluedorns! :) I wish I could ice-skate. I have never skated before...except when I slipped on ice in my snowboots! lol :D

The Capp Crew said...

Happy Birthday Melody! :) Looks like a fun outing!

jess said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a fun day!

Danielle said...

Oooh! That looks like SO much fun! Wish I could have made it but...oh well! :( Maybe next year! :) Glad you had such a nice time! :)

Love ya!

The Capp Crew said...

Don't know if we will be able to make it to the dance in December. We had a really fun time at the November one though! Missed seeing you there!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Melody!

Hi there! I'm Stephanie! I met you Hemmers at the young adult conference! I don't know if I got to visit with you much Faith, (from what I can see of your blog, you do most of the posting :) but I did get to visit with Melody a bit. We did play that one game together...Kemps! I really enjoyed meeting you all. I'm not always so good at remembering names, but I remembered your names from the switching of name tags. ;) So I hope you don't mind if I stop by once in awhile, I have enjoyed reading your blog!

Have a lovely Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

Sure, Stephanie! We'd love to have you stop by! And it was lovely meeting you at the Young Adult Convention. I guess the name switch helped people remember - I had more than one comment about that! :)

~Melody