Monday, September 28, 2009

Chalk the Walk

Dixon has a Scarecrow Festival each fall, and one of the events this year was a "Chalk the Walk" contest.
Melody couldn't pass up an opportunity to draw!
It's always fun to hear the comments kids make as they watch.
"Wow! How do you do that?" "Are you an artist?" Mel always chuckles at that one. If you draw, you're an artist. What they usually mean is a "professional artist", but they don't know how to say it.
She said it was interesting to work with a limited range of color choices and small space.
It's fascinating to me how she starts with a blank canvas (or sidewalk in this case) and ends with a beautiful picture! I may not be able to draw more than stick figures, but I can sure appreciate good art!
Vacation pictures coming soon!!!

9 comments:

theTwins said...

It's crazy that she could do something that beautiful out of chalk! on a sidewalk.
Makes me smile:D
rach

The Capp Crew said...

The drawings are beautiful!

The Sisson Clan said...

Melody,
Beautiful! You are a true artist, several of your things go "outside the lines". grin
Matthew wants to know if you won??
We think your drawing is the best.

Gretchen said...

Wow!!!

The Hemmers said...

Well, I didn't realize that it was a contest until I re-read the brochure at home. By that time it was past the time of the judging, so I don't know if I won or not!

the Pollock family said...

Beautiful!

Dawn said...

Oh how fun!! Beautiful work Melody! :)

Abigail said...

Wow! you are so good at drawing Melody! I miss you!

The Hemmers said...

Abigail, one of mine is staypure83@yahoo.com